Welcome to the Lincoln Trail Region of the Porsche Club of America.
- Autohaus to Lasalle DriveThe Lincoln Trail PCA will have a driving tour from Autohaus in Peoria, to downtown Lasalle on April 24th. We will meet at Autohaus by 10am. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and a survey of member feedback, this year we will not have lunch as part of the event but it will end at the same place. The PCA also has a new waiver that all attendees must sign before […]
- 2021 Events Survey ResultsHere is the results of the survey we conducted for 2021 LTR PCA events.
- 2021 Events SurveyIt’s 2021 and COVID is still with us so far. The LTR board is working to develop an event schedule that will work given all the restrictions and people’s concerns. We created a survey of our members to find out what people are most interested in. This year we added our tentative events list and are asking members to select the events that they may be interested in attending. The […]
- Congrats to Sim RacersCongratulations to our LTR SIM racers Sean and Jensen Benet! Sean placed 1st in the “club” category and Jensen placed 2nd in the “sport” category. See this months Panorama, page 8.
- Events through winterAs COVID concerns are rising, and governments are adding restrictions again, and the ability to meet outside becomes far less desirable, I guess we are back to virtual events for a while. I switched the Peoria monthly meets to virtual using Google Meet starting in November. While it is not nearly as nice as meeting in person and seeing each others cars, it will have to do for a while. […]
PCA E-Brake News
- August 1, 2020 SHARE Dear e-Brake subscriber, As you know, Porsche Club of America delivers e-Brake News to your inbox every Tuesday. This is the July monthly recap. To the left, check out the July issue of Porsche Panorama. Scroll down to find a recap of the top five e-Brake News articles of the month. As always, scroll to the bottom to vote for the Porsche of the Month, and […]
- July 28, 2020 We drive the 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder: Don't call it a Boxster PCA—The 718 Spyder brings what we love about the Boxster and then some… In fact, a lot of some. It's what enthusiasts have been yearning for since Porsche started putting turbo flat fours into the Boxster. We find out what it's like to live with. Read More SHARE Farewell to the lightweight sports car? PCA—Following […]
- July 21, 2020 New Porsche 992 Turbo is quicker than old 991.2 Turbo S PCA—The new Porsche 911 Turbo S, based on the 992 platform, was unveiled back in March, and we’ve even had the chance to drive it twice. The general consensus is that it offers hypercar performance paired with everyday usability. Now, the "regular" turbo is upon us. Read More SHARE Tech Tactics LIVE: Motor oil 101 – […]
- July 14, 2020 Porsche 992 Turbo S: Driving the Everyday Hypercar PCA—Ordinarily, when Porsche introduces a new sports car, they do the global launch for waves of journalists at a location with two things in common: spectacular mountain B roads and a nearby race track. The global pandemic has of course changed this standard operating procedure Read More SHARE Treffen at The Greenbrier — Registration opens Wednesday, July 15, at […]
- July 7, 2020 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses PCA—Hot off the heels of driving Porsche’s tarmac-tearing 911 Turbo S for a week, Porsche Cars North America delivered this gorgeous 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet to the PCA National Office. From the moment I looked out of my office window and saw the brown-topped convertible pulling up, the stunning exterior color combination ignited my senses. Read More […]