Welcome to the Lincoln Trail Region of the Porsche Club of America.
- Events cancelled through AprilDue to the virus, and the state mandated distancing rules, we will need to cancel our LTR events through April 30. Let’s hope we can start back up in May.
- Street Survival 2020These events have been cancelled for 2020. The dates for the Mossville Street Survival are now on the calendar for September 26th and 27th (2 classes, one each day) and open for registration. Several Lincoln Trail members volunteer for this and have since the beginning. We always need more volunteers so if you can spare some time to help young new drivers learn car control please contact Rick Largen. We […]
- Learn high performance driving skills onlineHere are 2 great resources for learning the skills of performance driving. They are both geared toward racing but most the skills they teach also apply to HPDE. Racer360 is a collection of tutorials aimed at different aspects of driving. Many are free but other require a subscription. Driver61 has a great collection of video tutorials where a race driving instructor talks through car control and racing skills in a classroom setting […]
- Car stuff in Central IllinoisHere in the Midwest we enjoy a rich car culture. Even in Central Illinois, away from the big cities, we have plenty of car related things to do. We also have many activities within a few hours drive from here as well. I wanted to share some key website to get people started. Social Events and Groups One of the larger social groups is the Central Illinois Automotive Enthusiasts group […]
- Drive to Uptown Grille, LasalleThe Lincoln Trail PCA will have a driving tour from Autohaus in Peoria, to the Uptown Grille in Lasalle for lunch on September 21st. We will meet at Autohaus by 10am. Please RSVP to email@example.com by September 18th. Here is a link to the waiver we will need each participant to sign before we begin the drive.. Here is a link to the map of the route. Here is a […]
PCA E-Brake News
- August 1, 2020 SHARE Dear e-Brake subscriber, As you know, Porsche Club of America delivers e-Brake News to your inbox every Tuesday. This is the July monthly recap. To the left, check out the July issue of Porsche Panorama. Scroll down to find a recap of the top five e-Brake News articles of the month. As always, scroll to the bottom to vote for the Porsche of the Month, and […]
- July 28, 2020 We drive the 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder: Don't call it a Boxster PCA—The 718 Spyder brings what we love about the Boxster and then some… In fact, a lot of some. It's what enthusiasts have been yearning for since Porsche started putting turbo flat fours into the Boxster. We find out what it's like to live with. Read More SHARE Farewell to the lightweight sports car? PCA—Following […]
- July 21, 2020 New Porsche 992 Turbo is quicker than old 991.2 Turbo S PCA—The new Porsche 911 Turbo S, based on the 992 platform, was unveiled back in March, and we’ve even had the chance to drive it twice. The general consensus is that it offers hypercar performance paired with everyday usability. Now, the "regular" turbo is upon us. Read More SHARE Tech Tactics LIVE: Motor oil 101 – […]
- July 14, 2020 Porsche 992 Turbo S: Driving the Everyday Hypercar PCA—Ordinarily, when Porsche introduces a new sports car, they do the global launch for waves of journalists at a location with two things in common: spectacular mountain B roads and a nearby race track. The global pandemic has of course changed this standard operating procedure Read More SHARE Treffen at The Greenbrier — Registration opens Wednesday, July 15, at […]
- July 7, 2020 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses PCA—Hot off the heels of driving Porsche’s tarmac-tearing 911 Turbo S for a week, Porsche Cars North America delivered this gorgeous 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet to the PCA National Office. From the moment I looked out of my office window and saw the brown-topped convertible pulling up, the stunning exterior color combination ignited my senses. Read More […]