Welcome to the Lincoln Trail Region of the Porsche Club of America.
- Events cancelled through AprilDue to the virus, and the state mandated distancing rules, we will need to cancel our LTR events through April 30. Let’s hope we can start back up in May.
- Street Survival 2020These events have been cancelled for 2020. The dates for the Mossville Street Survival are now on the calendar for September 26th and 27th (2 classes, one each day) and open for registration. Several Lincoln Trail members volunteer for this and have since the beginning. We always need more volunteers so if you can spare some time to help young new drivers learn car control please contact Rick Largen. We […]
- Learn high performance driving skills onlineHere are 2 great resources for learning the skills of performance driving. They are both geared toward racing but most the skills they teach also apply to HPDE. Racer360 is a collection of tutorials aimed at different aspects of driving. Many are free but other require a subscription. Driver61 has a great collection of video tutorials where a race driving instructor talks through car control and racing skills in a classroom setting […]
- Car stuff in Central IllinoisHere in the Midwest we enjoy a rich car culture. Even in Central Illinois, away from the big cities, we have plenty of car related things to do. We also have many activities within a few hours drive from here as well. I wanted to share some key website to get people started. Social Events and Groups One of the larger social groups is the Central Illinois Automotive Enthusiasts group […]
- Drive to Uptown Grille, LasalleThe Lincoln Trail PCA will have a driving tour from Autohaus in Peoria, to the Uptown Grille in Lasalle for lunch on September 21st. We will meet at Autohaus by 10am. Please RSVP to email@example.com by September 18th. Here is a link to the waiver we will need each participant to sign before we begin the drive.. Here is a link to the map of the route. Here is a […]
PCA E-Brake News
- July 7, 2020 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses PCA—Hot off the heels of driving Porsche’s tarmac-tearing 911 Turbo S for a week, Porsche Cars North America delivered this gorgeous 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet to the PCA National Office. From the moment I looked out of my office window and saw the brown-topped convertible pulling up, the stunning exterior color combination ignited my senses. Read More […]
- July 2, 2020 SHARE Dear e-Brake subscriber, As you know, Porsche Club of America delivers e-Brake News to your inbox every Tuesday. This is the June monthly recap. To the left, check out the June issue of Porsche Panorama. Scroll down to find a recap of the top five e-Brake News articles of the month. As always, scroll to the bottom to vote for the Porsche of the Month, and […]
- June 30, 2020 Base Porsche Taycan for Chinese market to have rear-wheel drive, 303-mile range PCA—We’ve wondered whether Porsche would produce a rear-wheel-drive version of its Taycan electric sedan as a base model, and yesterday the automaker confirmed as much in an announcement. Unfortunately, it initially will be available only in the Chinese market. Read More SHARE Porsche gives us more reasons to wait and buy a 2021 718 PCA—Normally […]
- June 23, 2020 A transaxle-Porsche journey down the Slippery Slope PCA—As true hardcore car enthusiasts, most of us know the danger of perusing the likes of Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. What starts as a simple way to pass the time suddenly becomes a mission akin to saving homeless kittens. It was just such idle web surfing which led Rich Freeman to this 1987 Porsche 944. Read More SHARE Tech Tactics […]
- June 16, 2020 Video: Porsche 997 GT2 RS vs 991 GT2 RS PCA—Porsche's 991 GT2 RS remains the most powerful and fastest 911 ever built, able to deploy 700 horsepower with a lightning-quick seven- speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and lap the Nürburgring in 6 minutes and 47 seconds. The 997 GT2 RS isn't quite as fast, came with a six-speed manual, and is a more visceral car to drive, but […]